Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why Venngirl?


Why venngirl?  A unique nickname?  Self-given or given by someone else?  Venngirl is self-given, my given nickname is The Muffin.  I like that nickname.  But Venngirl means something else to me.  I have a double major in mathematics and art education.  My artwork reflects both of these interests.  The last few years my paintings have been loosely based on Venn Diagrams.  These diagrams are often used to compare and contrast different types of information.  They are also used to organize information.  I use them to play around with color.  What happens when I uses different colors in the same plane, dividing them up by circles and horizontal and vertical lines?  Can I uses math to build a better painting?  These are questions I ask myself when working with one of my paintings.  Anyways, the self-given name of Venngirl began with the paintings.

No comments: