Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17

Today was a running around kinda day.  Swimming lessons in the morning then work for a little bit.  Did finish reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I would recomend this book to those that are wondering about their spot in life and their relationship with God.  

This evening we had a baseball game.  The boys did a fine job, they are learning so much about playing and focusing their attention on the game.  We missed the first part of the game, it corresponded with the Tuesday night ride.  I have not made it to a single one, and was determined to get on the ride.  So through luck and perseverance I was able to make the ride.   We did the Chicopee Loop from the shop, about 15 miles.  It was so cool to ride with an actual group, there were about 12 riders.  There were new riders and old riders in two senses of the words.  The youngest rider is 7 and the oldest 64 (I believe).  The newest rider as far as experience were riders that started riding this year and one rider started riding about 26 years ago.  When I say started riding I mean riding as a sport and means to stay fit.  Many of us have been riding bikes off and on since we were 5 or 6.  I still remember the bike I learned to ride on without training wheels.  My folks still have that bike.  At one time it was a bright red.  When learning how to ride, I still was not tall enough for the bike so Dad had somehow attached blocks of wood to the pedals so that I could reach them.  


No comments: