Monday, June 16, 2008

6/16


Today was the husband's birthday, the big 40.  What a great time with friends and family.  Neither of us can believe our age, we still feel like we are in our twenties.  It is totally not possible we are 40.  Oh my.  Oh my, what fun we have had.  Other than having everyone over, we also had an awesome time looking at some of DH early years photos that his mom brought for all of us to enjoy.  

Today's bike ride was short but sweet, a whopping 8 miles.  Whew, I wasn't sure I was going to make it those last few miles.  When I am short on time I usually ride Bill's Loop.  It's perfect when I have 30 or 40 minutes to ride.  This loop is one of two in our county that has a portion that is tree covered for about 100 feet--creating a cool (literally in the summer) tunnel.  I have been sad on this loop because this past winter many of the trees were chopped, taking out much of the tree tunnel.  My hope is that most of it will fill back out.  In the meantime I will be sad.

No comments: