Sunday, June 15, 2008

6/15


Happy Father's Day!  For father's day we went to the range.  It was a gorgeous day, we could not have asked for better weather.  The shoot went well, lots of father's showed and another family.  The boys had a good time also, they even helped with the paper work.  After the ride we had baseball practice and bike ride.

My ride today was a combination of several loops around town.  The weather was starting to look like rain, so I stayed close to town instead of riding out.  I rode Bill's Loop, Pretty Road, and the Chicopee Loop.  I was still able to get just over 20 miles in with a time of 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Body did good and bike did good.  I am looking forward to some longer rides this week.  There are a few races I would like to get to in the next few months.  Two this month, a time trial and a road bike race.  In July, one of my most favorite races in the whole wide world is in the third weekend.  It is the Eureka Springs Fat Tire Festival.  My body is not fit enough, but my mind is ready for the punishment.  I will be riding in the sport class.  The cross country race is nice because it is point to point and starts in historic downtown Eureka Springs, AR.  So cool!  It is twisty, windy streets and way to many hills.  My husband and I lived there for three years, it was pure bliss.  Well, except for living in a town with no flat spots.  We lived at the highest point in town so no matter what road ride we did we would have some massive climb to do to get home.  Needless to say we were pretty fit, it helped to that we were racing almost every weekend.


No comments: