Saturday, September 30, 2017

Why Draw Circles?

This week must be full of realizations.  So my mountains have changed this week.  I do love the mountains, the perfect escape from reality, from electronics, from me.

I draw these little circle drawings to escape from my reality.  I can "build" these small in size pictures with rules that I create with a math thought here and there.  Fibonacci Numbers to divide the plane, because I need some structure, then random circles that float around.  I can draw my lines in ink to hold everything in place.  They (the lines) allow me to respond to the randomness of the circles with decisiveness and a plan thought of in advance.

My escape in art is to build my own world that looks and feels like no other.  It is safe and I understand the rules because they are mine.






No comments: