Sunday, September 17, 2017

Choices




This past weekend brought a wonderful getaway form the everyday grind of life.  A few days lost in Arkansas.  So, maybe not lost.  I knew exactly where we were located, Devils Den State Park outside of Fayetteville, AR.  Sleeping in a tent.  No cell phone signal beginning about 6:30 pm Friday evening.  A total disconnect from many things pressing day to day.  I did connect with friends and family, connected with nature and my mountain bike and in turn myself.  I realized how much I missed this simple kind of get away that we took so much more of ten years ago.  This realization brought about reflections on my time choices.  Right now, I am reassessing choices having to do with how I use my time.  (I think I need to do this with my food choices also!) 

Are the things I give myself to adding value to my life?  I do know after the weekend, I miss my family.  I miss feeling like a mom.  I miss putting care into my home.  Definitely feel a need to reassess.

No comments: