Saturday, September 30, 2017

Infinite Mountain

I used to think that life was a series of mountains.  In my mind the mountains were all the same altitude.  They represented the ups and downs of life and my psychological state.  This morning my thinking has changed.  My mountain range is different.

I think that my mountain range is now infinite in altitude and really may only contain one mountain.  That thought is a little fuzzy, I can let that be imprecise.  This morning I realized that I will never reach the top.  This is a little stressful, it makes me feel that goals I am working toward my be unattainable.  I do take comfort in the fact that the virtual terrain of my mountain has altered.  It is no longer straight up and down.  My mountain is now a series of plateaus between steep parts, nicely graded paths that are gentle in their height gain mixed with steeper, rockier sections.  Every once in a while the path even heads back down, losing altitude.  The path itself is a mix of groomed walkways, clear of rocks making for smooth traveling.  Sometimes it is craggy and technical and in the worst case non-existent.

Such is life, sometimes smooth and straight forward other moments are fraught with tension and worry about the outcome.  You know, I don't mind that my mountain range has changed and is infinite.  The views are breath taking.

There are some pictures in my head that go along with these words, later maybe.

No comments: