Saturday, June 6, 2009

6/6

It is now 1:33 pm and the hard part of the race is over (for me at least). I run registration-which opens at 6:30 am. I arrived at about 6:00 am to set up. I should have showed up earlier. Everything went OK, except we really should have had our pre-reg riders actually pre-entered the night before. I will try harder to make that happen in the future. Typically we have more riders show up the day of than pre-register. It would be nice if folks pre-reg. Although, they still need to have their athlete release form filled out. So, not huge time saver for the racer. Things wound up going well. We had 123 racers. The longest race (men 1/2) are cycling 139 km or about 86 miles. Fortunately, the weather is pretty good.

I am so looking forward to seeing the boys. Seems like forever (Thursday afternoon) since I have seen them. Ethan had his first baseball game of the season this morning. Sounds like he did well. Fielded ball really well, but struck out at bat. Something we can have fun working on. I really love that both of the boys enjoy b-ball. They look forward to the practices and the games. I hope that they enjoy biking as much someday. It would be so cool to race together.

Workout-nil, nada, negatory, nein, etc. As expected when you are putting on the race vs. racing.

No comments: