Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Heavy Heart

As much as I have not been blogging, I have been doing some paintings and a day of numerous quick sketches. I did miss last Thursday and today with my artistic pursuits, but not through laziness. School is upon me and I am going to have to let my ambition of a painting a day go to three a week. This weekend you should see the scans of the work completed and not scanned since Friday the 20th. Next to schoolwork there are two major projects for the bikeshop that are due around the first of September. One of these projects is the Gorilla Century bike ride which is a mere week from this weekend. Whew, definitely not enough hours in the day.

2 comments:

dawn chandler - new mexico artist said...

Happens to the best of us!

And you want it to be fun for you, not a burden. So sometimes missing a day here and there is necessary just to take the pressure off.

Still, just keep those paints and art supplies out, so that when you *do* get a few moments, you can do something. Sometimes just a moment or two is all it takes.

And keep your sketchbook by your bedside. ;)

Venngirl said...

Thank you Dawn. I have so enjoyed looking through and reading your blog and website. Your spirit shows through your work!