Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sometimes you wonder

Sometimes you wonder what we are about, as individuals, as a group, as a people. When I was in elementary school life would stop me in my tracks. This would most often happen on the playground when most of the school (not a very large school, but a good one) was out playing. I remember on different occasions my brain would go into some kind of sensory overload and I would stop what I was doing and wonder about what I was, who I was. In particular this consciousness that was me. Mind, you this is me reflecting back on this very distinct feeling. As I am approaching 40, I have more issues with the me and my purpose then I ever did before having my own children. Since having children I have had one identity crisis after another. My whole make up and thoughts of self were forever altered. But I digress on my purpose and thoughts. Visiting www.fatcyslist.com brings my mind to our purpose as individuals. I have trouble writing my thoughts after visiting Elden's (aka Fatty) site. Elden's wife has been fighting cancer for some time now and is not doing well. My heart goes out to her family as I read, and thankful for Elden's clarity of thought and willingness to share himself with whomever takes the time to read his blog. I hope that if and when confronted with a chronic illness in my own family that I can shoulder the load as Elden and his family have.

A wish for all is that we find and have the purpose in our lives to give us the strength to accomplish what we need to be content and happy with ourselves.

No comments: